Dentistry Without Anxiety
Sedation dentistry allows you to completely relax during your entire visit. Once sedated, some patients sleep through their visit, but all patients are able to complete care without feelings of anxiety.
Types of Sedation:
- IV Sedation – Moderate to High Anxiety
- Nitrous Oxide – Moderate Anxiety
- General Sedation – High Anxiety
- Oral Concious Sedation – Moderate Anxiety
How it Works
Sedation application varies for each of the 3 types of sedation, based upon the needs and the anxiety level of the patient. We want you to be as relaxed as possible when improving your smile.
- Ideal for patients who want to go to sleep and wake up and it’s done
- undergoing treatment such as wisdom teeth removal.
- Complete several procedures in a single visit.
- Administered by an experienced dental anesthesiologist
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Great for patients with mild to moderate dental anxiety
- Effects of nitrous are very pleasant
- So safe and effective that it can even be used for children
- Comfortable/ Easy to wear nasal mask
- Patients may safely drive home after dental visits
- Incredible way to control pain
- The deepest level of sedation available
- Very very safe application
- Ambulatory anestesia unit used for deployment
- Same technology in treatment as outpatient or hospital setting
- Very low levels of nausea post treatment
Oral Conscious Sedation
- Experience stress-free and pain-free dentistry
- Oral conscious sedation includes a prescription for a specific medication
- Easy to take pill before appointment
- Mild side effects allow the patient to relax fully for a few hours
**We find that oral medication is the least predictable of our three options, because we can only estimate how long the sedative will remain effective and how profound it will be.
Following treatment with oral conscious sedation or IV sedation, there is typically little recollection of treatment. We recommend that patients are driven to and from our office by a trusted friend or family member and the patient remain supervised for the remainder of the day, while the effects of sedation wear off.
Sedation dentistry in Oklahoma City from Dr. Schmidt will change the way you feel about going to the dentist. For more information about our services, or to schedule a consultation, call 405-563-7097.