Dr. Schmidt is a yogi! He’s found that practicing Bikram Yoga at least 2 times per week helps him to stay physically fit and mentally focused. Believe it or not, practicing dentistry is hard on the body, because it requires a static, awkward, and hunched posture for long periods of time. Practicing dentistry is also difficult mentally, because it requires such a high level of concentration. Dentistry is microsurgery in a highly sensitive part of someone’s body that is the size of a baseball, has a small opening, often requires a dry field but has its own water source, and has a curious tongue. About 90% of people seek out Bikram Yoga to satisfy a physical need, and the other 10% seek it for improved mental focus. Dr Schmidt loves both benefits.